Sunday 12 February 2012

One Sunny Day In Wales

Today I decided it was time for me to follow the trend and start a blog. I don't lead a partically exciting life but who knows what the future holds? I hope that ramblings of my ordinary yet occasionally bizarre life can put a smile on your face.


So let's start with the title I chose for my blog. If like me, you live in Wales and you take the title in the literal sense you will have plenty of opportunities to practice. However that wasn't what I was thinking of.  I, like many other girls my age believe that Taylor Swift has the answer to most problems. So whilst I was pondering names for my blog I listened to some music and one of her quotes popped into my head:



"Life isn't how to survive the storm, it's about how to dance in the rain"

I know it's now February but I thought this would make a great New Years Resolution. So I've decided to try to be optimistic and find the silver lining in everything I do. It could be when I'm faced with piles of coursework, feeling depressed or even when I'm fighting against Year 7's stampeding down the corridors. I'm learning to make the most of life; learning to grab opportunities and learning to live for the moment. Learning to dance in the rain. 




Anyways; enough of the cheesiness. It's time to share a bit more about me. So here are some random facts:

1. I get excited about little things in life.
For example in a French lesson a couple of weeks ago we had a class competition. My group won and each of us got to pick an item from our teacher's box of prizes (Yes, I know it's hard to believe that we are in year 11). The box is filled with children's trinkets because she has young children. So, I picked out a Ben 10 pencil and rather excitedly showed all of my friends and consequently got laughed at. 

2. I love spicy food.

So much so that I can barely taste it anymore and my friends have stopped asking me if things are spicy(after making the mistake a couple of times). 

3. I am the clumsiest person you will ever meet.

For example I accidentally hit my Physics teacher with my pencil case the other day. However rumour has it that he has been shot; so I'm sure he'll survive.

4.I prefer Winter to Summer.
5. I have lots of ambitions.
So far my top ones are to speak at least five languages almost fluently, to meet Gok Wan, to go to New Zealand and to be a fashionable old lady. There are more but I can't remember them...

6. I love drives and walks in the dark. 

Not by myself though cause that's creepy. 

7. I cry at everything.
I cry at adverts, films, when I laugh to much and when people's voices have gone because the noise goes through me.
8. I broke my arm when Ice Skating and am still a tiny bit afraid of it.
9. I believe that love can be like it is in films and I intend to find it.
10. I may appear to be very quiet and boring but if you got to know me properly I hope you would realise that isn't the case.

On a final note my friend just showed me this and I'm in love with it. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment